In 2010, I attended a workshop on the Gallup Campus as part of the Special Olympics National Youth Activation Summit. Having taken the CliftonStrengths assessment prior to attending, I was already amazed at how accurate it was and how well it described me. During the workshop I had the opportunity to understand even more about the assessment, about the potential impact, and how it could be used for individuals as well as teams.
Being so impressed by my experience there, I purchased a dozen StrengthsFinder 2.0 books and passed them out to my team at Special Olympics North Carolina. All of my staff and interns took the assessment and we started our journey into being a strengths-based team. We began to work together more effectively and not just meet but surpass goals year after year. After seeing the success with my team, the rest of the Special Olympics North Carolina staff took the assessment as well as the statewide Youth Council.
In 2013 I was one of the first 100 students in Gallup's Accelerated Strengths Coaching class and earned my certification as a Gallup Certified Strengths Coach. I've had the pleasure of working with clients of all ages - teens to adults - and all professions - from front line and technical staff to executive teams and boards. In 2018, I was also trained in Employee Engagement using the Q12 assessment and process as well as the Builder Profile 10 for Entrepreneurs.
Moving to Colorado in 2016 I started Pikes Peak Coaching & Consulting to spread the benefits of strengths based teams and coaching to the Pikes Peak Region, Colorado and the rest of the mountain states.
Individualization | Strategic | Connectedness | Futuristic | Belief | Context | Activator | Analytical | Input | Learner
* Graduated from Franklin Pierce University with a BA in Psychology and Recreation Management.
* Worked over 10 years in Community Recreation for the City of Riviera Beach, FL, Palm Beach County, FL, and Statesville, NC with primarily at-risk communities, developing programs and coordinating services to meet their unique community needs.
* Worked over 20 years with Special Olympics North Carolina and Special Olympics Colorado, developing staff and volunteers to implement community based programs around the state.
* Developed the Leadership Council for Voodoo Leatherworks, promoting a safe and welcoming community focused on education and inclusion.
* Volunteer with Inside Out Youth Services promoting acceptance, diversity, and community for those that often feel disenfranchised and isolated. Currently chair Ally Up, the largest fundraiser for the organization.